There are a lot of mixed reviews for Glock’s new “pocket” .380, the Glock 42. Some positive, some negative. Below are some of the best video reviews to date.
Don’t Miss: Read our full review of the Glock 42.
Summary of the pros and cons in most reviews to date
The positive reviews tend to focus on:
- It’s a Glock, so it’ll be reliable. And in the tests so far, it’s performing as expected.
- It actually looks and feels LIKE a miniaturized version of a larger Glock, so your familiarity with Glocks will carry through.
- It has almost no recoil to speak of. Every reviewer pontificates on what a “soft shooter” this is.
- It’s lighter than most other guns in this size class, weighing in at 15oz LOADED. i.e. the Sig P238 (.380) and Sig P938 (9mm) weigh in at ~22oz loaded.
The negative reviews tend to focus on:
- It’s not a 9mm. Folks had their hearts set on a 9mm, but Glock came out with a .380.
Probably the best price so far is at Bud’s Gun Shop for around $420.
Video Reviews of the Glock 42
Excellent review by FourGuysGuns…
Iraqveteran8888 and his partner provide an excellent reviewe of the Glock 42, with plenty of live fire practice.
Hickock45 does an excellent, thorough review of the Glock 42. Shooting, as well as tabletop comparison to various other similar sized guns, including Kahr PM9, Kahr P380, and Glock 26. (video is long but thorough)
Massad Ayoob gives a brief intro to the Glock 42 and illustrates the reasons this is a great concealed carry gun.
Jerry Miculek, the well respected champion shooter, reviews the Glock 42
Glock 42 Size Comparisons from TheYankeeMarshall. Compared with Glock 26 (much smaller than!!), Walther PPK, Ruger LCP, Sig P238.
FIRST LOOK: Glock 42 – Part 1 – Concealed Nation
FIRST LOOK: Glock 42 .380 Review – Part 2 – Concealed Nation
Measurements of Glock 42 compared to other pistols – at Triangle Tactical.