The Glock 19 is arguably the best known and most popular Glock handgun, and quite possibly it is largely responsible for the Glock reputation of “it’s a Glock, it just always works” (at least from the regular consumer perspective).
It’s also an excellent gun for the first time gun buyer because of these factors, and more:
- It’s incredibly reliable, i.e. it’s far more likely to “just work” than most other options
- It’s not very finicky about what ammo you feed it, unlike many other firearms
- Easy to “clean” and maintain – cleaning should be a 5-10 minute job
- Parts and the entire gun are fairly easy to find for replacement if needed
- It has very controllable recoil allowing you to not lose your target
- 9mm ammo is very cheap, easy to find, and offers low recoil (compared to other ammo)
- Smaller and thus quite a bit more portable than it’s big brother, the 9mm Glock 17
Check out these video reviews…
“Glock 19: The Best SHTF Handgun?” – by MrColionNoir
While most viewers are looking for a basic handgun for home defense / self defense and not particularly interested in the SHTF angle, the points made in this video about why the Glock 19 is an excellent choice still make the Glock 19 an excellent first / only gun.
“Is A Glock A Good First Gun?” – TheYankkeMarshall
“But, It’s Just a Glock 19…” by TheLateBoyScout
“Glock 19 Gen 4 Review” – by Hickock45
“Glock 19 Gen 4 (1,000 Round Test)” – by Hickock45
“Glock 19 Does it All ?! [FULL REVIEW…Glock 23 too]” – by Nutnfancy
“All guns should be Glocks” by James Yeager
All guns should be Glocks. All Glocks should be 9mm. All 9mm Glocks should be Glock 19’s.